weekly reflection - week 2


                  This week i started to take classes... on Monday i took my first class in 9 D. The English teacher also came to my class to observe my class. I met a group of students... who has no attachment and respect towards me.  They didn't obey me. A noisy class where students always make disturbances... they didn't obey me, even to stand up or when i ask them to keep quiet... this is a situation when a teacher is in the class to observe me. In the first day, i couldn't able to complete the lesson plan... the bell rung when i asked them to do the activity... i suddenly gave them the assignments too.... the teacher came in front of the class and asked the students to complete the assignment during the free hour. The teacher gave me good reviews about my class. When I didn’t get any response from them, I made the explanation a little more elaborate, she told me I that there is no need for such lengthy explanations. When it comes to activity section, most of them were not ready to do the activity. When I asked them, what is their problem? Don’t they like English? Most of them agreed that they didn’t like to learn English.

                 The biggest challenge in front of me is that I have to create an interest in students to learn English… things were better in the following days… they began to respond… that too in simple English… I gave them proper reinforcement…   they also showed some interest to do the activities, but still there were not yet started to do the assignments. I gave them excuse because the mid-term exams were running those days…


                 When it comes to the activities in school, an assembly is conducted to appreciate and to distribute the prizes the students won in the sub-district level youth festival. And the happy news is that the school won the overall championship. The principal congratulated all the students who participate in the youth festival. We also participated in the noon meal programme and helped the teachers to serve food. As I mentioned earlier this week the mid-term exams were conducted, so we were assigned with the exam duties too. In the coming days, I have to create an attachment towards the school and the students, then only I will be more comfortable in the school and I will be able to give my maximum output.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innovative Lesson Plan -"FROM A RAILWAY CARRIAGE "

Weekly Reflection - Week 3